GameStop Survey Reports Nearly 70 Percent Would Enjoy Doing Taxes If Filing Could Be More Like a Video Game
- 69.8% (or nearly 70%) would enjoy doing taxes more if filing could be more like a video game
- Out of the top 10 activities that respondents do to put off doing taxes, the top response was gaming with friends (13.6%) followed closely by cleaning out the fridge (12.9%) and cleaning bathrooms (12.3%).
- When asked how they would rather spend their time instead of doing taxes, binge watching favorite shows took the top spot (24.8%) followed very closely by getting to the next level of a favorite video game (24.3%).
- How will respondents use their refunds this year? 18.5% said they would use their refund for household expenses, followed by 18.3% who would pay down credit cards, and 14.4% would save for the future. But many like to be responsible AND put aside a portion of their refund to treat themselves to something fun, like the 8.5% who treat themselves to a new video game…or three or four.
- Nearly one-third (30.8%) of the respondents said they would look forward to tax season if the government could direct deposit their refund into
GameStopcredit or match the refund with reward points.
"We've made tax season a little less 'taxing' by making refund dollars go further with discounts on top games, consoles, accessories and collectibles.
- Buy any new Xbox One console, get a
$30 GameStopgift card or three free POP! Vinyls or a $30gift card (now through February 14)
$20on Just Dance2016 and Hasbro Family Fun Pack (now through February 13)
$20on Halo 5: Guardians (now through February 14)
$20on Riseof the Tomb Raider and Forza 6 (now through February 14)
$20on WWE 2K16 and NBA2K16 (now through February 14)
$50on Rock Band4 Guitar Bundle (now through February 14)
$10on Borderlands: The Handsome Collection (now through February 23) $329pre-owned Xbox One with two pre-owned games under $40(now through February 28) $349pre-owned PS4 with two pre-owned games under $40(now through February 28)
$30on PS4 Stealth 500P Headset (now through February 14)
$20on XB One NEW Stealth XO4 Headset now through February 14)
- Buy Call of Duty: Black Ops III 500 GB PS4, get three months of PS+ for
$10(now through February 28)
Deals starting week of 2/14
$20on Grand Theft Auto V plus get $1,250,000in GTA Online ( February 15-28)
$15on Just Cause 3 ( February 15-23)
$20on Guitar Hero Live Bundle ( February 15-28)
$10on Batman Arkham Knight, Mad Max, MKX and Witcher 3: Wild Hunt ( February 15-28)
$20on Skylander's Superchargers Starter Packs (2/15-2/28)
$20on Deadpool (2/15-2/28)
$10on Destiny: The Taken King, Transformers: Devastation, Tony Hawk'sPro Skater 5 (2/15-2/28)
$10on Minecraft: Story Mode ( February 15-21)
Customers can also spend those refund dollars on the newest game titles now available and those coming soon. Just released this week is Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm and coming next week Street Fighter returns in Street Fighter V (
General information about